Software Engineering Team Lead
Based in: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Before taking your next career step, sit back and think about what really matters to you. Joining TrustedCompany will not be like anything you’ve tried before – and that’s a guarantee!
Becoming a team member in TrustedCompany you will quickly realize that we have an agenda. We won’t be saving the world, but we do believe that what we do actually makes a difference in a lot of people’s lives.
As the software engineer team lead embedded in an energetic agile team of Software Developers and Engineers, you will lead the team in making sure that we continuously build innovative features that both online consumers and online business can use in order to engage with us – basically building the next generation review platform.
At the end of the day – working with us should give you a feeling of belonging as well as doing something that really matters. You won’t be just a number with us, as we carefully make sure that each team member is unique and has something that he or she can contribute with to our team.
DAY TO DAY MISSION:
- Daily leadership and management of the tech team at TrustedCompany
- Coordination of remote teams
- Guidance in technology and infrastructure decisions
- Strength in executing plans and strategies together with the team
- Close communication and alignment with other teams within TrustedCompany, including Product Management, Marketing & Growth, Sales, Account Management, as well as the Brazil team
- Boosting motivation and fostering growth among all members of the team
- Building new-to-the-world products and features that adds value for our clients and users
- 3+ years experience in software development, preferably in Java
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, headers, asset loading/caching)
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design and problem solving
- Strong software design and architecture skills
- Passion to lead others and improve the performance of a team
- Experience in working in an agile environment
- Creative ideas and rigorous execution power
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or relevant work experience
The perfect candidate would have at least basic familiarity with our technology stack:
- Java 8
- Php/ Drupal 7
- Rest / Graph API
- MYSQL / ElasticSearch
- Architecture : Asynchronous Programming, DAO, SOLID Principles, Dependency Injection, Singleton.
- OS: Linux/OSX.
- IDE: we use IntelliJ.
- Handlebars Templating
- OS : AWS based on Centos 6
- Bash Scripting
- Nginx / PHP-fpm
- To foster your career at the leading review platform for online commerce in Emerging Markets
- A solid compensation package
- A competitive & fun culture
- The possibility of leaving a major footprint in TrustedCompany’s history
- A team that supports your personal development
We are a venture backed, international startup based in Malaysia aiming to change the ecommerce eco-system in South East Asia, Brazil and India. Since 2013 TrustedCompany has been helping online shoppers make better decisions when buying online, as well as providing online stores with a business tool that increases their sales through customer reviews – a genuine win-win situation. Think Tripadvisor – but for online businesses. We are currently a total of 30 people and 12+ nationalities, serving South East Asia, Brazil and India from our offices in Kuala Lumpur and São Paulo.
Sounds like something you would go for? Apply now!
We are excited to get in touch!