Data Scientist – Internship
Based in: Kuala Lumpur
We are Southeast Asia’s one stop shopping destination having consolidated millions of products and promotions from leading local and international online shops into a single discovery engine. Having successfully closed our Series A funding round last year, Iprice is designed to become the largest Southeast Asian aggregator for retail shopping. With a motivated team of more than 120 people we have amassed a catalog of over 70 million products and reached more than 10 million shoppers.
Now we are ready to take the next step. As an Intern in Data Science, you will work at the heart of our matching and classification engine for a product catalog of more than 20 million products. With the support of our data scientist and developers you will work on scraping data and building machine learning algorithms to help with categorization and branding of products. You will use data mining to provide insights for the Business Intelligence team on data from various internal and external sources.
With an internationally-sourced management team combining experience from BCG, Microsoft, Google, Siemens, BMO and other world-class organizations, Iprice is well positioned for continued success and we want you to be a part of it!
- Write code to collect, crunch and analyze data from various internal and external sources
- Build machine and tune learning models using Python and scikit-learn
- Create linkages between various data within our business intelligence software to enable predictive modeling and trend analysis
- Work in an agile environment as part of an interdisciplinary development team on the implementation of those ideas
- A Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Mathematiccs or a related subject
- Interest in Data Science, basic knowledge of learning algorithms (Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Naive Bayes)
- Experience with Python and scikit-learn
- Desire in getting a hands on experience in working with large data sets.
- Positive, can do attitude
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases is a plus
- Experience with Tensorflow is a plus
- Join a hyper fast growingambitious and Venture Capitalist backed company (600% growth over the past 12 months)
- Experience the most exciting growth phase of an international start-up first-hand – we are well funded with proven product, but still on an exponential growth path and providing each individual opportunity to change the way we do things
- Ideal as a kick-start for a career of an ambitious fresh graduate or for a millennial on the verge of the new career
- Highly international environment implies that even non-Southeast Asia residents are more than welcome to apply
- Competitive salary
- Flexi- hours i.e. 8.00AM – 10.00AM to 5:00PM – 7.00 PM
- Fun Fridays in our Kuala Lumpur HQ
- Medical benefits