Head of Editorial Content
Based in: Kuala Lumpur
We are Southeast Asia’s one stop shopping destination having consolidated millions of products and promotions from leading local and international online shops into a single discovery engine and coupon website. Having successfully closed our Series A funding round last year, iprice is well-poised to become the largest Southeast Asian e-commerce aggregator. With a motivated team of more than 120 people we have amassed a database of more than 800 partners and reached more than 10 million shoppers.
We are looking for a highly motivated, genuinely passionate, Head of Editorial Content to take ownership over all onsite content for the seven countries in which iprice has presence.
As Head of Content at iprice, you will have the opportunity to help one of SE Asia’s fastest growing businesses scale in a booming e-commerce market. You will manage a team of 20 while spearheading all strategic initiatives and driving the growth of the business through creation of written content on our webpages. You will also increase user awareness of the latest shopping trends to inspire consumer behavior and drive increase in consumer spending on-site. We are currently launching a new innovative platform on which content will be of main focus, so it’s an exciting time to start!
With a superstar internationally-sourced management team combining experience from BCG, Microsoft, Google, Siemens, BMO and other world-class organizations, iprice is well positioned for continued success and we want you to be a part of it!
- Manage and train a dynamic team of 20 content writers and oversee prioritization of their tasks
- Deliver content of high-quality tailored to our customer’s needs by implementing best-practices to improve productivity, consistency, and quality control
- Ensure content is uniform, targeted, relevant and engaging
- Analyze the market landscape: conduct deep dive analysis of competitors’ solutions across countries and industries
- Propose key improvement initiatives and projects: work on solutions together with our Engineering and Marketing teams to drive content to the next level
- Continuously analyze department performance and come up with improvement plans as require
- 2 – 3 years of working experience in content, preferably in an e-commerce atmosphere
- A creative mindset and a comprehensive knowledge of all trends related to fashion, beauty and/or electronics
- A good understanding of SEO and Google Analytics
- Proven experience in managing a content creation team or function
- Strong leadership skills, able to train and motivate a junior team of writers and editors
- Strong editing and proofreading skills, able to edit/review content to the highest quality.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a hands-on mentality
- Resourceful, willing to experiment and always discover ways to improve.
- Plus: Analytical and have experience with MS Excel
- Experience the most exciting growth phase of a start-up first-hand – we are well funded with proven product, but still on an exponential growth path and we welcome your ideas on how to improve things and continue growing!
- Directly impact the long-term success and growth of the business
- Exposure to a world-class management team with diverse backgrounds and boundless ambitions
- Flexible working environment
- Diverse culture of more than 20 nationalities within our team
- Competitive salary and work permit sponsorship
- Highly affordable and fun lifestyle in a tropical metropolis in the heart of SE Asia