Managing Director – Thailand
Based in: Bangkok, Thailand
Our Managing Director brings together what makes for a true entrepreneur: strategic thinking, an analytically structured approach to problem solving, and hands-on mentality when it comes to execution. He/She is fully responsible for all strategic and operational decisions within Thailand – from calibrating our value proposition to match local market requirements, to driving growth and expansion while ensuring operational excellence. The Managing Director is passionate about teamwork as he leads and develops the local team, and liaises with our senior management team across the region. He/she ensures best-in-class customer experience at high logistical efficiency, and thus should have a strong-track record in last-mile fulfillment.
Our business is tough – really tough! That’s why our ideal candidate has a healthy sense of humor to spread among the team, while setting clear targets and expectations. He/she encourages initiative, and has a natural intuition for where micro-management is needed, versus where management by objectives yields the best results. It’s his/her responsibility to identify the right motivators for each team member and develop them to be the best they can be. When things get rough, the MD shows decisiveness – asking for forgiveness rather than permission – and takes an energizing approach to showing his team a clear path on how to weather the storm!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Taking full responsibility for all st rategic and operational decisions within your territory, successfully running what should effectively be treated like your own business
- Leading and executing strategic projects to drive growth and scale operations, delivering best-in-class customer experience, on time and within budget
- Expanding HappyFresh’s operations to new areas
- Acquiring and maintaining relationships with retail partners
- Tracking critical growth metrics for your market and driving brand awareness
- Hiring and developing top talent
- Sharing best practices with our international senior management team across the region
Who We Are Looking For:
- 3+ years business development experience
- 3+ years operational management or general management experience, ideally in ecommerce
- Investment banking and management consulting experience also considered
- Deep knowledge of local territory and culture
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Acute analytical skills and a data-driven mentality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong track-record of delivering on targets
- Previous experience working in a startup or dynamic high-growth company a plus
- Can-do mindset and hands-on attitude
- Fluency in English, Thai is a big plus!